We've worked with...
OVERVIEW + TIMELINE
This course has been 10 years in the making, as we have aggregated the tips & tricks for product development and sourcing and compiled them in the form of a playbook!
- Business Model Development
- Sourcing Strategy
- How to connect with a contract manufacturer
- Design Brief Development
- Videos of Manufacturer Calls and Interviews
- Competitive Landscape Analysis, Pricing and Go To Market Strategy
- There is absolutely no obligation to move right to production, but at this point you will be ready to manufacture your product if desired!
Are you eager to . . .
- Build a thriving business that crushes your current revenue numbers
- Develop or enhance a revenue stream that yields crazy high profit margins
- Create an offering that provides you with passive income
- Build brand awareness among a much broader audience
- Set yourself apart from your competition by instilling brand preference
- Experience a 1:1 setting with industry experts who can teach you step-by-step what to do, who to connect with, and how to realize your goal?
TRANSFORM YOUR BRAND
WHAT TO EXPECT
We begin my structuring your offering, move into sourcing your manufacturing partner(s), and end with a pricing strategy. Soup to Nuts!
Business Model development
- Getting your concept out of your brain and organized on paper will lay a clear foundation for your offering and help you feel more confident in the pursuit. A one page business model is fantastic for communicating your idea to solicit feedback from valued partners, colleagues and friend
Vendor / Manufacturer Sourcing
- Vendor / manufacturer sourcing: This segment of the curriculum will help you build the strategy that will inform your search. Get excited for the incredible tips and tricks that we offer for landing quality manufacturing partners for your product(s)!
- Pricing: This can feel like such a daunting subject. We peel onion and provide a super clear framework for building the pricing structure for your private label product(s).
Product Development 101
Product Development 101 is a tried and true intro-to-product development course. It’s perfect for folks who plan to manage design and production themselves. The course begins by helping you build your business plan for the product – this is critical, as it helps you define your target price point, synthesize your product’s features & benefits, and define your go-to market strategy.
All of these things will inform the design and development of your product. You’ll walk away with tips on how to find a manufacturer for your product and templates for making cost/revenue projections.
Is this You?
We work across many industries
- You are so beautifully positioned for building branded product because you have already created the design or have the capacity to do so, which will drastically reduce your cost.
- Brand Owners, Retailers, and Boutiques ... as you know, product procurement is a journey! It's time to stop selling someone else's branded goods and develop your own. This in turn will build YOUR brand, not someone else's.
- You have developed an incredible presence as a tastemaker. The next step in monetizing your brand is through product with your name on it. You are uniquely positioned to do direct consumer research with your audience, which will allow you to quickly and clearly drive to defining what to produce.
- Custom product is a brand builder that instills brand-preference among your consumer base. As a designer, it is important to find ways to stay relevant with your former clients so they come back again and again.
Non Profit Organizations
- Custom branded products are a really powerful profit center for Non Profit organizations. Partner with a favorite artist or designer to create a memorable product!
About The Coach
Mallory (Jones) Lucas, 10 years directing all aspects of private label product development across the lifestyle category, with a special focus on sourcing manufacturing units across the USA, India, and Greater Europe.
Frequently Asked Questions